So I am writing this right after the best 600baht($18) I have ever spent in my life. So if I appear a little crazy happy this is why: I just got a full body (and by full body, I mean fullll body) thai massage for 2 hours. It was one of the most wonderful things I have ever experienced. I am even going to add it as a requirement on the boyfriend application. That alone was worth the 27 hours of flying and I think I may get one every day. Another reason why you should be jealous..
It rained alot last night towards the end of the night around dinner which was at 830. Everyone in our group got sick off our food. The only thing we all ate was the eggrolls.. Today was very nice. We went to the summer palace of the king and I felt like I was in France. It was very european and gorgeous. Have I mentioned I want to be a Queen yet? That was another reason why. We went to 2 different temples today. One was a ruin and I would compare it to the pompeii of Thailand. It was really fun and unbearably hot. We saw the first live elephants today! All the decoration elephants are all war like and remind me of age of empires- persian war elephants (thats for you chris)... We had lunch on a cruise boat that went through the city. It was nice because everyone sat and talked about everything and we all bonded so well already. I think this group is fantastic. After lunch I went for my 2nd fitting of my dress! Its so beautiful!!
I have decided today that I am going to adopt a Thai girl. She will be 10x more beautiful than your daughters ever will be. So go ahead and prepare yourself. The children here are amazing and so beautiful and sweet. They all have the best smiles. Alot of the things I saw today reminded me of slumdog millionaire. There are alot of kids that run around and sell things and sing and dance and all sorts of things. Its really wierd here because there is no segregation between social classes. The slums are right next door to the rich and everyone gets along fine. The schools have the same uniform so you cant distinquish between rich and poor and they all have barcodes on their uniforms.
We leave tomorrow for chiangmai and thats when we start all our fun jungle stuff! I am so ready to leave the city for the jungle. I like the city but the traffic is bad and its just a typical big city.
Ive already seen so many crazy things like HUGE water monitor lizard things that could probably eat me whole and they are everywhere!
I will finish today with a discussion about our adorable little tour guide named KONG!!!! I think he is actually Loyd from Entourage during his off-air time. He is great and so little and so cute and so smart! We also have another tour guide named Vit who helps too. They both speak amazing english (most people here speak it very well) and I love the way Kong says "EF". They have been trying to teach us how to speak thai but they informed us that almost every word has 8 different meanings depending on the pitch and tone you say it. I dont even try anymore because everytime I say hello or thank you people laugh. Im probably telling them I want to ride their grandmother or something.
I dont know if I will have internet access tomorrow at that hotel or if I will even have time to write. I hear they have a zip line through the jungle outside the back door. I have a feeling all of us will be occupied with that during our free time. That and my attempt to steal a tiger!
Dad, I know you want an ugly from here and trust me they are full of them so mom prepare yourself... love yall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
Trip sounds pretty perfect! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete