I just heard the news about Austin Corn so I apologize if this blog is a little depressing and sad. However, its been one of the best days here. I feel guilty for even writing about it.
I want to start off this post with a little ranting. I dont understand people who dont want to travel or who never want to leave America. I can honestly say that I know for a fact that all my travels have made me a better person in so many ways. It puts life and everything in perspective. You never realize how blessed you are and how different things could have been if you were born into a different family or country if you dont go see it with your own eyes. It also makes me realize how ridiculous we are. Everyone here is always always smiling. Our poor people are the rich people here. We are the ones who complain about nothing and freak out over things that really dont matter in life. I cant even explain the way people live here and yet still be so happy. It blows my mind and thats how we all should be. Also no one here lives above their means unlike us.. which is the main reason why we are in the situation we are in now. Another thing that I have been thinking about is how pathetic our government is. The king here is loved 1000000x more than obama or any one in our political system could be. And the reasons why are in the hundreds of all the wonderful things hes done for his country. Our leaders are so greedy and selfish. No wonder the world hates us. Ok enough of that...
Today we left Bangkok and traveled west to the farming area. I climbed a coconut treet all the way to the top which was thrilling and we also went to the floating market. I bargained my brains off for stuff but I still felt like I shouldnt go too far because its only $10 to me and its a ton for them. Im trying to help hte world one dollar at a time now. After the floating market we went to a bunch of world war II stuff. We saw the death railway and tomorrow we get to ride the train down it and learn more about the p.ow. that contributed to it. It was so sad going to the graveyard and seeing all the people who are my age who suffered so much.
We arrived to our hotel...or let me say the most amazing paradise resort eveeeeeer. Complete with an obstical course worthy of RW/RR challenges and exotic pool with waterfalls overlooking the gorgeous hills/moutains in western thailand(we are right on the border of Berma). It has trails and deer parks and everything. Our room is gorgeous. I cant even discribe this place accurately. Right now some Thai lady is singing Alanis Morsette. so bizare. Its so remote out here that I kind of feel like im in a tropical paradise summer camp. They also have great spaghetti and french fries (i know i know but my stomach is sick of Thai food right now). My pictures wont even do this place justice. It is 100% my honeymoon spot!
Tomorrow is going to be an amazing day! Its the tiger day!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
Just to keep you jealous: we are all about to go to the pool overlooking the jungle mountains with life sized lizards and monkeys running everywhere while drinking thai beer. Its about 9pm ish here.
Im sure so much has happned that I am failing to write about but my mind is just occupied with austin. Please pray for his family and friends right now and that they find the person that did this. I hope I am back in time for the funeral.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
I'm glad to see you are having fun londawg. we miss you!
ReplyDeleteAh, you're falling in love with the jungle.
ReplyDeleteNow your mixed feelings are starting to show: half "JANE" (tarzan) and half QUEEN of SIAM.
Keep dinking beer with the monkeys.
Love you, Harry...