Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I really dont know what day it is- Route to Chang Mai

Last night was awesome. We all got a police escort bike ride where we sat in little coach seats on the back of a bike. I think everyone thought we were famous because the police made such a big deal about it. It was really fun. We stopped along the way to a road side booth where....I ate a fried SCORPION. It actually really wasnt that bad. I wouldnt do it again, but worth trying. They had all sorts of bugs and I tried them all. The maggot thing almost made me throw up. After that we went to this other food place where they throw a morning glory, which is a veggie plate, from the grill to about 10 ft away. They made us all wear these ridiculous outfits and dance before we caught it. It was so funny. Andrew had an incredible bike car thing that was completely devoted to Elvis. It played elvis music the whole time and he had to wear a cowboy hat and stuff. It was hilarious.

Today was kind of boring as we were in a bus all day to Chang Mai, which is the northern hill part of Thailand. We stopped along the way at a national park and rode bikes around for an hour. It was so beautiful (have I said that yet?). The bus rides are actually pretty fun because me and katie always sit next to Garrett, Biddy, and Bruce who are hte funniest people I have ever met. I havenever laughed so hard or gotten such a work out from it.

Before getting to the hotel we stopped a couple awesome shops and i spent alot of money. I was then explained that the reason I am still single is because I like tigers. Tigers are a thai symbol for power, strength and protection which scares off the men I meet. awesome.
I got another thai massage for $10 tonight. These things are just life changing.
Tonight is an early night because we wake up early to RIDE ELEPHANTS all day around another national park. Jealous yet?

Im actually starting to want to get home. Just for sleep, my bed, certain people, and american food. I have another week left and its pretty much all free time on the beach...

Katies blog actually has more about the culture and specific intersting things besides what weve done. I always write this after Im tired that I forget all that stuff. So check it out if you want: viewfromthailand.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Your a great American Ambassador!
    It's still amazing all the critters you willing to eat; however, I do have an old word for you...

    PIZZA :)

    H...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comment! Make sure to sign your name at the bottom